Random Quote Generator

THE POET AS SCIENTIST

THE POET AS SCIENTIST, THE POET AS SCIENTIST

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

The Geek's Raven
[An excerpt, with thanks to Marcus Bales]

Once upon a midnight dreary,
fingers cramped and vision bleary,
System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor,
Longing for the warmth of bedsheets,
Still I sat there, doing spreadsheets:
Having reached the bottom line,
I took a floppy from the drawer.
Typing with a steady hand, I then invoked the SAVE command
But got instead a reprimand: it read "Abort, Retry, Ignore".

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Form input - by Günter Born

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Damning of the Meal

There were hundreds had been gathered,
For the middle morning meal,
And they scarcely knew it mattered,
That their dinner should appeal,
There were dressed in rags and tatters,
T'were the best that they could steal,
And they all awaited patiently The Damning of the Meal.

They were huddled 'neath the willows,
From the wind and howling rain,
Their old rucksacks served for pillows,
As they slept away their pain,
All the children looked so callow,
As they gambolled on the plain,
As they all awaited patiently The Damning of the Meal.

Then there came the Lords and Ladies,
All so fine in their estate,
And they then displayed great tapestries,
The Great Tale to relate,
The huge constables and bowmen,
Were sworn to the Royal Seal,
As they then displayed the message of The Damning of the Meal.

There were capons, beef and hogsheads,
There were cakes and wine and cheese,
There were bread and fruits and sweetmeats,
All was set out there to please,
But the message of these tapestries,
Close inspections would reveal,
Was the writhing of the dying at The Damning of the Meal.

"The Lord is my shepard,
I shall want,
He leadeth me to barren pastures,
He maketh me lie down by unclean waters,
Yea, in the Valley of the Shadow of Death,
I fear Death, for Thou art with me,
Thy rod and thy staff,
They torment me,
Thou helpeth my enemies to prepare a Table,
Before me,
Thou anoinest my head with fire,
And increaseth my pain,
Surely misery and destruction will follow me,
Forever,
And I shall be Damned for Eternity,
For ever and ever,
Amen."

© Copyright Jerome Raymond Kraus 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home