Random Quote Generator

THE POET AS SCIENTIST

THE POET AS SCIENTIST, THE POET AS SCIENTIST

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

The Geek's Raven
[An excerpt, with thanks to Marcus Bales]

Once upon a midnight dreary,
fingers cramped and vision bleary,
System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor,
Longing for the warmth of bedsheets,
Still I sat there, doing spreadsheets:
Having reached the bottom line,
I took a floppy from the drawer.
Typing with a steady hand, I then invoked the SAVE command
But got instead a reprimand: it read "Abort, Retry, Ignore".

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Form input - by Günter Born

Friday, February 02, 2024

I've never understood

I I've never understod why he thought that way, It seemed such a simple way to play, No concept of when or why, Just a game of never, never die, But, really It all comes down to nothing, anyway, He played the game, and never understood, He tried his time with endless reason and rhyme, But, it seemed to mean something at the time, Despite the endless vituperations, And mindless incinerations, I always tried to see. II Perhaps we'll work it out better now, With our newer visions of extra time, These help in understanding our perceptions of the next versions, As they spin their endless contortions Into nothingness. But, still, I remain a skeptic To the last. After all, what else is there? I tried to fathom it all through prisms of space, They held their form miraculously well, But, still, It didn't quite seem to work, at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home