It's happeed!
Well it's finally happened. People are no longer paying any attention whatsoever to Trump's ridiculous claims about Iran and the Strait of Hormuz, not even the oil traders or the stock markets. Trump, despite his genuine sales genius, simply cannot sell that he has everything under control there, or that he's going to make the Strait of Hormuz the 51st state. Not gonna happen! It took a while, but, now, the markets don't even blink when Trump claims "peace is at hand", or "Iran is desperate for a deal", or "I am in full control". They just ignore him totally, and completely. For quite a while there, months really, the markets would simply assume there must be some actual truth to Trump's public pronouncements, because we've never had such a totally shameless pathological liar for a U.S. President before! The markets would leap and jump like a trained tiger through hoops, and give Trump whatever values he wanted, just because he said so. Not any more. As the economy weakens, and the flow of oil in the Persian Gulf drops to a mere trickle, traders are finally being forced to deal with the reality of a totally incompetent US President who is running the American ship of state very swiftly indeed onto the rocks!
Now, let's try to understand what's actually going on in Trump's head here. Trump, for no apparent reason, decided it would be a really good idea to murder the Iranian Supreme Leader, who the Iranians worship as a God. Why did he do this? From Trump's point of view, "why not"? I don't like him, he doesn't like me, I control an invincible military force, I can kill him if I feel like it, nothing will happen."
As it turns out -- and his advisers were warning Trump about this -- quite a bit has happened. Iran has seized total and unshakeable control of the entire Persian Gulf. This has immense economic consequences for the world as a whole, and Iran can now use this power to have immense influence over the entire world, including, and quite specifically, in largely controlling the results of American elections.
So, what's going on in Trump's mind now, exactly? I think it can be summed up in his repeated statement "We cannot allow Iran to develop a nuclear weapon." Now, personally -- and I think this would be rather a common, perhaps a majority view of Americans -- I couldn't possibly care less if Iran develops a nuclear weapons or not. They seem quite rational in their ability to survive extreme crises, I can't believe they would be any more unreasonable than North Korea's Kim Jong Un, for example, whose sanity is I think much more in question than the Iranian leadership, and who has thermonuclear weapons in quantity, and threatens to use them quite regularly, including on the US itself. So, why is Trump so obsessed with Iran not developing a nuclear weapon?
I think Trump is a very imaginative and creative guy. I think he has anticipated a situation that concerns him, that could quite likely occur if Iran developed nuclear weapons in quantity. I think at that point, something might come up, that makes Trump very uneasy. You see, the Iranians never actually threatened Jimmy Carter with death, during the Iranian hostage crisis. Sure, they said "Death to America" a lot, but, never actually "Death to Carter". Never. Whereas now, I think it's rather more common for Iranians to chant "Death to Trump" than "Death to America". And, the Iranian Leadership has said over and over again "we will kill you", to Trump, quite specifically. And, as we know, the Iranians do have a certain tendency to, shall we say, "follow through".
So, what does this have to do with Iran developing a nuclear weapon? Well, if Iran has a pretty good nuclear arsenal, what's to stop them from simply saying, publicly, "You risk nuclear war with our nation, if you continue to protect this ridiculous loser, Donald Trump, at enormous expense. He murdered our supreme leader." Now, this might be a mere bluff. Or, maybe not. But, how would the American people react to this? How would you react to it?
#economics #politics #trump #donaldtrump #geopolitics #psychology #funny #markets #psychoanalysis

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home