The US military-industrial paradigm is broken
We have seen clearly in the Iran War now, that there is a bit of a problem with the current US military-industrial paradigm. We have seen, that, quite literally, the US is exhausting years of military stockpiles of weapons in just days, or perhaps weeks of active combat, and virtually no effect whatsoever is seen on the enemy's ability to continue to function and return fire! Obviously, this is not a way to win wars. Actually, it's a great way to lose wars!
Now, why is this exactly? Well, it might have something to do with the economic system of capitalism itself, which rewards companies for producing profits, not for producing any meaningful practical results, of any type whatsoever. Now, I know, there are those of you arch-capitalists who genuinely believe that money is the only reality, that money explains everything, controls everything, and cannot be dispensed with. Indeed, there was even a pretty good philosopher and sociologist who wrote a book, The Philosophy of Money (1900), who argued exactly that! Actually, I read this book about twenty years ago, and I thought it was the funniest book I ever read. I sincerely believe he was inspired by Sigmund Freud. I think this guy said to himself "Hey, if Siggy, an Austrian Jew, can argue that the only thing that matters in human life is sex, I, Georg Simmel, a German sociologist, can argue that the only thing that matters in life is money."
However, us people who live in the real world, are more likely to accept the axiom "Money is a good servant, but a poor master". Unfortunately for the US military currently, and for Americans as a whole, the Pentagon, as President Dwight D. Eisenhower observed, is controlled by a US military-industrial complex, and the only thing this complex is interested in is money. They would sell their souls for money. They have sold their souls for money!
These are the people who are bankrolling Elon Musk, and Elon Musk is bankrolling them. The Pentagon's support is what makes Elon Musk untouchable, and what keeps Elon Musk so rich. The only way for the US to start winning wars again, and for US society to start working proplerly again, for ordinary Americans, is to break down this relationship. Rather than limitless sums of money for useless weapons systems and Starships, we must start looking at ways to spend government money on what is important for ordinary Americans, not the capitalist oligarchs who currently are running the show. This is precisely why, in America, socialism is no longer a dirty word. God Speed, the socialists of America!
#military #warfare #geopolitics #politics #history #philosophy #capitalism

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home