Random Quote Generator

THE POET AS SCIENTIST

THE POET AS SCIENTIST, THE POET AS SCIENTIST

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

The Geek's Raven
[An excerpt, with thanks to Marcus Bales]

Once upon a midnight dreary,
fingers cramped and vision bleary,
System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor,
Longing for the warmth of bedsheets,
Still I sat there, doing spreadsheets:
Having reached the bottom line,
I took a floppy from the drawer.
Typing with a steady hand, I then invoked the SAVE command
But got instead a reprimand: it read "Abort, Retry, Ignore".

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Form input - by Günter Born

Monday, November 28, 2022

Zelensky's last Will and Testament

I bequeath my entire personal fortune of five billion dollars U.S., very much increased recently, of course, thanks to NATO, to found a home for wayward comic actors from all NATO nations, so that they may all live in a style somewhat approaching that to which I myself have become so accustomed of late. I bequeath my private, personal edition of Charlie Chaplin's great classic "The Great Dictator", very much used, of course, but still serviceable, to posterity, so that it may provide as much inspiration to any possible future leaders of Ukraine, in any possible future incarnation of the nation of Ukraine, as it has to myself. I bequeath my beautiful wife Olena, and my lovely young daughter Oleksandra, to the twenty-second Russian Infantry Division. It's always been my personal favorite. I most humbly and respectively beseech the Russian government, if they could see it in their heart to be kind enough to spare them, to send the fillings in my teeth to Israel, where they might be interred with full, formal religious ceremony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home