Random Quote Generator

THE POET AS SCIENTIST

THE POET AS SCIENTIST, THE POET AS SCIENTIST

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

The Geek's Raven
[An excerpt, with thanks to Marcus Bales]

Once upon a midnight dreary,
fingers cramped and vision bleary,
System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor,
Longing for the warmth of bedsheets,
Still I sat there, doing spreadsheets:
Having reached the bottom line,
I took a floppy from the drawer.
Typing with a steady hand, I then invoked the SAVE command
But got instead a reprimand: it read "Abort, Retry, Ignore".

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Form input - by Günter Born

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

An Atheist Hymnal

An Atheist Hymnal My God does not Exist My God, does not Exist He is, a Figure of Speech No wisdom, power, or love My God does not Exist. My God, does not Exist He is, a Figure of Speech No wisdom, power, or love My God does not Exist. My God does not Exist. My God does not Exist. In honor of the French Revolution The Old Guillotine On a hill far away, stood an old Guillotine The emblem of suff'ring and shame And I love that old Guillotine where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain So I'll cherish the old Guillotine Till my trophies at last I lay down I will cling to the old Guillotine And exchange it some day for a crown Oh, that old Guillotine so despised by the world Has a wondrous attraction for me For the dear Lamb of God, left his Glory above To bear it to dark Calvary So I'll cherish the old Guillotine Till my trophies at last I lay down I will cling to the old Guillotine And exchange it some day for a crown In the old Guillotine, stain'd with blood so divine A wondrous beauty I see For the dear Lamb of God, left his Glory above To pardon and sanctify me So I'll cherish the old Guillotine Till my trophies at last I lay down I will cling to the old Guillotine And exchange it some day for a crown To the old Guillotine, I will ever be true Its shame and reproach gladly bear Then He'll call me some day to my home far away Where his glory forever I'll share So I'll cherish the old Guillotine Till my trophies at last I lay down I will cling to the old Guillotine And exchange it some day for a crown Particularly suitable during Stock Market Crashes Jesus Hates Me Yes Jesus hates me for the Markets tell me so Jesus hates me this I know For the Markets tell me so Stock Brokers to him belong They are weak but he is strong Yes Jesus hates me Oh, yes Jesus hates me Yes Jesus hates me for the Markets tell me so Going down, yes down away Markets dropping all the way Undeserving, and stubbornly never fail to hate me still Yes Jesus hates me Oh yes Jesus hates me Oh yes Jesus hates me, for the Markets tell me so Yes Jesus hates me, hate Oh yes Jesus hates me for the Markets tell me so For the Markets tell me so that I'm never alone See, sometimes I'm lonely but never alone For the Markets tell, for the Markets tell For the Markets tell me so See I know that he hates me Whether I'm right, whether I'm wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home