I don't need a million dollars
If you really want to understand the Nazis, you really should take a look at this fabulous show stopping musical production number. Here's an English version inspired by the original German lyrics:
I've got plenty of pockets,
But they're all full of nothin',
Just my 'ol gal's photograph,
And I'm perfectly happy therein.
And I've got a pair of notes,
But they're not notes from a bank,
These are melodious notes,
And I sing them all the time.
I don't need a million dollars,
I don't miss money a lick,
All I need forever,
Is music, music, music!
I don't need to live in a castle,
I don't need no car that's slick,
All I need, my dear,
Is music, music, music!
Now, the really interesting thing about this wonderful 10 minute production number, that is as good or better than anything Fred Astaire ever did, and is done by a beautiful woman, at that, is this -- it was produced just two months before the Nazis invaded Poland! It was produced by Josef Goebbel's Ministry of Culture and Propaganda, under the executive direction of none other than Adolf Hitler!
Now, of course, the entire reason that Hitler was invading Poland was that he was running out of money to finance the "German economic miracle" he was presiding over, so, actually, the irony of this particular number is rather brutal. But, you know, even if the Nazis were lying their bloody heads off here, the number is so exquisite, you really do have to say, "Hey, they weren't all bad!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G54J4Imb2ss&list=RDoyht_FPMidI&index=3&pp=8AUB0gcJCSQMAYcqIYzv
#music #film #dance #nazis #history #germany #germanhistory #hitler #goebbels #money #wwii #economics #nostr #plebchain #grownostr #philosophyofhistory #marikarokk #classicmovies #cinema #propaganda #historicalrevisionism
#revisionism #irony #brutalirony

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home